Questions / Réponses

Forum List  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Flat View  |  Search   Previous Message  |  Next Message 
 Re: Modifications to Phorum: Recent Posts
Author: La_Maudite 
Date:   05-03-04 10:35
The "Recent Posts" section is just a modification of the index.php file in the root of the phorum folder. It basically adds the code used in the RSS script to create a table. I could have provided a diff to patch the file, but decided instead to provide the index.php file in a tar.gz file. After all, you can do the diff, right? ;-)

http://www.carlrobitaille.org/downloads/phorum-3.4.8a-recent_posts.tar.gz

The content will be extracted in "phorum-3.4.8a/index.php" . Replace the index.php file in the root of your phorum folder with the new one and it should work if you are using phorum-3.4.8a. Of course, I would avise to make a backup of the old index.php because I've not tested the file in more than one phorum.

The diff between the old and the new index.php should show only one section of the file was modified to add the table.

You could want to change the "$number" and "$forum_seperator" variables to something different. For my forums, which are not that active, 15 posts is enough. But for a bigger site, 15 might not be enough.

Enjoy!

Forum List  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Flat View  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Topics Author  Date
 Modifications to Phorum  new
La_Maudite 05-03-04 09:54 
 Re: Modifications to Phorum: RSS  new
La_Maudite 05-03-04 10:23 
 Re: Modifications to Phorum: Recent Posts  new
La_Maudite 05-03-04 10:35 
 Re: Modifications to Phorum: Recent Posts  new
La_Maudite 05-03-04 12:29