Recettes à essayer (La_Maudite)
Author: La_Maudite (---.qc.sympatico.ca)
Date: 05-01-02 00:27
English: Squash Risotto
Recipe copyright 2001, Mario Batali. All rights reserved
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
1 small acorn or butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced 1/4 inch
2 cups Arborio rice
1/2 cup white wine
4 cups chicken stock, hot
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for sprinkling
1. In a 12 to 14-inch skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and squash cooking until the onions have softened and are translucent but not browned 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Add the rice and stir with a wooden spoon until toasted and opaque, 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Add the wine to the toasting rice, and then add a 4 to 6-ounce ladle of stock and cook, stirring, until it is absorbed.
5. Continue adding the stock a ladle at a time, waiting until the liquid is absorbed before adding more.
6. Cook until the rice is tender and creamy and yet still a little al dente, about 15 minutes.
7. Stir in the butter and cheese until well mixed.
8. Portion risotto into 4 warmed serving plates, serving with extra cheese.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Episode #: IT1A10