Recettes à essayer (La_Maudite)
Author: La_Maudite (---.qc.sympatico.ca)
Date: 04-30-02 23:05
English: Spaghettini with Artichokes, Mint and Garlic
Recipe copyright 2000, Mario Batali. All rights reserved
20 baby artichokes
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
12 cloves garlic, peeled
6 ounces Frascati or other dry white wine
1 tablespoon red chile flakes
1/2-cup mint leaves
1 pound dry spaghettini
1. Peel and trim the artichokes, leaving the stems intact. Place in acidulated water.
2. Place the olive oil and garlic cloves in a 12 to 14-inch pan and place over medium high heat. Cook until the garlic is light golden brown.
3. Drain the artichokes and place in a pan with the garlic and cook until tender (occasionally spritzing with wine, when necessary, to slow the cooking), about 10 minutes. Add the chili flakes and mint, stir through, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
4. Bring 6 quarts of water to a boil and add 2 tablespoons salt.
5. Cook the spaghettini according to the package directions, until tender yet al dente. Drain the spaghettini and toss into the pan with the artichokes. Toss all over high heat 1 minute, then divide evenly among four warmed pasta bowls and serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 17 minutes
Episode #: MB2C11