Questions / Réponses

Forum List  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Flat View  |  Search   Previous Message  |  Next Message 
 To wide-gamut, or not to wide gamut
Author: La_Maudite 
Date:   11-28-07 18:47
Bon, j'ai passe beaucoup trop de temps a lire la dessus aujourd'hui. Ma conclusion, c'est que les moniteurs wide-gamut ne sont pas souhatable sauf s'il est dedie a l'impression, ou encore qu'on utilise toutes des applications "color management aware" qui prendra en compte que le moniteur est en AdobeRGB et non pas sRGB (standard).

Je *pense* que le modele 24" de NEC ferait l'affaire, mais il reste un point nebuleux pour lequel j'ai pose la question sur dpreview (qui d'ailleurs est horriblement lent pour ce qui est des forums.... pleins de timeouts... sigh):
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1004&message=25805368

"Tom_Bruno wrote:
> Last week I took delivery of a NEC 2490WUXi.

Congrats on your purchase. Like you, I was going for a NEC 2690WUXi before reading this thread. So thank you very much for starting the thread and asking all the right questions, and of course thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.

I now understand that the sRGB mode can't be calibrated and that the only way to use the 12 bits internal LUT is to use aRGB. Since I want to switch between Linux and XP, I want the colors to be accurate when using applications not color management aware. So the NEC 2690WUXi can't be a good option for me.

I read all the posts in this thread, and there is still one thing that isn't 100% clear for me. I think the NEC 2490WUXi makes possible the calibration in sRGB mode using the 12 bits internal LUT. Is it really the case??? It's not obvious from your last post, and I've read conflicting things about that. I just don't want that profile to be stored in the LUT on the graphics card.

In other words, if the standard sRGB profile is used in the by XP, does the calibration give good results? That would ensure that, when switching to Linux, the calibration would remain the same and the colors would be accurate for all applications.
What profile are you using right now in XP?

One last thing way to put it.... I want to calibrate the monitor, then connect it to a different computer and still have a calibrated monitor which is accurate for sRGB. Is it too much to ask? ;-)"

Forum List  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Flat View  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 

Topics Author  Date
 Monitor: multiple OS (Linux and XP), calibration, sRGB, internal LUT  new
La_Maudite 11-28-07 07:39 
 To wide-gamut, or not to wide gamut  new
La_Maudite 11-28-07 18:47 
 Pas de "wide gamut" pour moi  new
La_Maudite 12-05-07 10:27 
 Re: Pas de "wide gamut" pour moi  new
AirBete 12-05-07 10:36 
La_Maudite 12-07-07 10:11