Café

Forum List  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Threaded View  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic 
 Quelques infos sur les moka pots
Author: AirBete (---.sympatico.ca)
Date:   10-05-03 10:35
Pour références ultérieures, voici quelques notes sur les moka pots.

Which moka pot is best? Is there a difference?
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&threadm=b7pjeo%24nlg%241%40news.net.uni-c.dk&rnum=4&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DISO-8859-1%26q%3Dbest%2Bmoka%2Bpot%26btnG%3DGoogle%2BSearch%26meta%3D

Résumé: certains préfèrent le stainless, d'autre l'aluminium. Le stainless est moins cher et ne présente pas de problèmes pour la santé. Marque: Bialetti.

Sweetmaria's:
http://www.sweetmarias.com/brew.inst.mokapot.html

Résumé: Stainless, stainless, stainless.

Extrait d'une conversation (19 mars 2003):
   airbete: Faire bouillir a feu doux de sorte que:
la_maudite: 1) Prechauffer l'eau pendant que tu mouds le cafe
   airbete: Oh.
la_maudite: 2) mettre le cafe sans trop taper.
la_maudite: (1) est peut-etre pas necessaire...)
la_maudite: 3) visser le tout et le mettre a feu doux/moyen.
la_maudite: 4) Attendre que le cafe soit presque termine et l'enlever du feu avant la presence de vapeur. Il faut compter que la vapeur presente (pression) va continuer de pousser le cafe.
la_maudite: Ca c'est pour l'AL
la_maudite: car l'AL ne garde pas beaucoup la chaleur.
la_maudite: Mais il dit que pour le SS (Stainless Steal), il faut arrete un peu plus tot car le moka pot emmagasine plus de chaleur.
   airbete: pendant que le cafe "se fait", il ne devrait pas sortir de vapeur?
la_maudite: Non
   airbete: L'eau ne doit pas etre trop chaude de sorte qu'une fois dans le compartiment superieur elle ne s'evapore pas. Exact?
   airbete: Juste assez pour monter, pas trop pour pas sortir.
la_maudite: En fait pour *essayer* d'etre plus clair.
la_maudite: Oui
   airbete: Ok.

AB.

Re: Quelques infos sur les moka pots
Author: AirBete (---.sympatico.ca)
Date:   03-04-04 08:48
Subject: Re: Moka Pots
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 20:05:58 -0500
Newsgroup: alt.coffee

<cpasuneadresse@spam.com> wrote:

> I think exactly the contrary. You get what you pay for.
> I have had the basic cheap Italian army model in alu....and well, even for
> camping, I prefered not using it. That spoiled the best coffees half of the time.
> Then I was given an expensive steel one that was a real pleasure. I've used
> it 6 or 7 times a day during 5 years.

We have a shelf full of moka pots, aluminum, steel, cheap, fairly expensive. Uniformly the most consistent, easiest to use, most idiot proof of these are the aluminum pots. (The one we use most often is still our Bialetti Blanca, which is aluminum below and removable ceramic above. I think Barry J. sells them nowadays.) For example, our stainless GB is nice to look at and easy to clean, but it takes more work to get a good cup out of it than any of the $15 Bialettis.

A big advantage to buying Bialetti - besides the fact that they are not expensive - is that the gasket is standard, so easy to find a replacement when you need one (which you will). Many of the off-brands, especially the stainless ones, are not exactly the same size, and standard replacement gaskets tend to fall out or not seal properly.

- David R.

--
http://www.demitasse.net

Forum List  |  Go to Top  |  Go to Topic  |  Threaded View  |  Search   Newer Topic  |  Older Topic