Recettes à essayer (La_Maudite)
Author: La_Maudite (---.qc.sympatico.ca)
Date: 05-01-02 00:42
Recipe courtesy of Gabriele Paganelli, Romagna Mia Osteria Pizzeria, Toronto
N.B. Winner of the "Best Risotto In Canada" Award.
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced carrot
1/2 cup diced onion
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1/4 cup tomato, paste
1/2 cup red wine
1 whole pheasant
6 cup chicken stock
3 tbsp olive oil
3 cup Carnaroli rice
1/2 cup red wine
salt and pepper, to taste
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
1/2 cup truffle, paste
1. On medium heat sauté celery, carrots, onions and bay leaves in 2 tablespoons butter for 5 minutes.
2. Add the tomato paste (you can substitute 2 cups ground canned tomatoes), red wine and the whole pheasant.
3. Reduce heat to low. Cover the pot and stew the pheasant for 1 hour. Stir occasionally and add water if the liquid is too thick.
4. Remove the pheasant. Remove meat from the bone and chop. Mix it back into the stew.
5. Turn heat up to medium low heat so the ragu is simmering. Simmer ragu while you make risotto.
1. In a separate pot bring chicken stock to a boil. Remove from heat.
2. Toast rice in a large sauté pan in 3 tbsp. olive oil. Add the rice and sauté for 3 minutes.
3. Add 1/2 cup red wine. Stir until wine is absorbed.
4. Add 1/2 cup of chicken stock to the pot. Stir until stock is absorbed. When stock is absorbed add another 1/2 cup of stock. Repeat until rice is tender and all chicken stock is absorbed.
5. Cooking time is approximately 16 minutes.
6. Turn off the heat. Season. Add remaining butter, cheese and truffle paste.
7. Allow it to sit for 3 minutes. Mix with Pheasant Ragu and serve.