Recettes à essayer (La_Maudite)
Author: La_Maudite (---.qc.sympatico.ca)
Date: 05-01-02 00:21
English: Porcini Risotto
Recipe copyright 2001, Mario Batali. All rights reserved.
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
2 cups Arborio rice
1/2-ounce dried porcini broken into pieces with your hands
1/2 cup white wine
3 1/2 cups chicken stock, hot
1/2 pound fresh porcini cleaned and thinly sliced
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano, plus more for sprinkling
1. In a 12 to 14-inch skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add the onion and cook until softened and translucent but not browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
3. Once the onions are translucent add the rice and stir with a wooden spoon until toasted and opaque, 3 to 4 minutes.
4. Add the dried porcini.
5. Add the wine to the toasting rice, and then add a 4 to 6-ounce ladle of stock and cook, stirring, until it is absorbed.
6. Continue adding the stock a ladle at a time, waiting until the liquid is absorbed before adding more.
7. Just before adding the last 4 to 6-ounces of stock add the freshly sliced porcini.
8. Cook until the rice is tender and creamy and yet still a little al dente, about 15 minutes.
9. Stir in the butter and cheese until well mixed.
10. Portion risotto into 4 warmed serving plates, serving with extra cheese.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Episode #: IT1A10