Recettes à essayer (La_Maudite)
Author: La_Maudite (---.qc.sympatico.ca)
Date: 05-01-02 00:01
Courtesy of: New Classics with Chef Rob Feenie
Host: Rob Feenie
N.B. Used with "Raw milk ricotta and mascarpone ravioli"
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1/3 onion, thinly, sliced
1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored, and, thinly, sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely, chopped
1 bay leaf
2 sprigs thyme
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tsp ground turmeric
1/4 cup chicken stock or 1/4 cup vegetable stock
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp lemon, juice
1. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
2. Add the onions, apples, garlic, bay leaf and thyme.
3. Sweat mixture until the vegetables are soft.
4. Stir in the curry power, turmeric and stock.
5. Simmer to reduce by 1/3.
6. Add cream and bring to boil. Remove bay leaf and thyme.
7. Puree in a blending and strain the mixture. Mixture should be just thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. If too thick, add more stock.
8. Season with salt and freshly ground white pepper.
9. Finish with lemon juice.