Recettes à essayer (La_Maudite)
Author: La_Maudite (---.qc.sympatico.ca)
Date: 04-30-02 23:41
Courtesy of: Cook Like A Chef
Episode: Stuffed Pasta Episode with Chef Tim McRoberts
Host: Tim McRoberts
6 large manicotti
2 tbsp olive oil
4 oz mozzarella cheese, chopped
4 oz prosciutto, chopped
4 oz ricotta, well drained and crumbled
6 large basil, leaves, coarsely, chopped
5 eggs, yolks
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup bread crumbs
oil, for deep-frying
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the manicotti. Cook for about 9 minutes or until al dente. Drain and toss with olive oil. Set aside to cool.
2. Combine the mozzarella, ricotta, prosciutto, basil, parmesan and 2 of the egg yolks in a large bowl and mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the mixture to a large pastry bag and stuff the room temperature manicotti.
3. Bring the frying oil to a temperature of 400F in a pot or skillet, making sure the oil is at least 3 inches deep.
4. Beat the remaining egg yolks in a bowl. One at a time, dredge the manicotti in the flour, then the egg yolk and then the bread crumbs
5. Gently slide the manicotti one at a time into the oil to fry. Turn occasionally. Fry them in batches so as not to overcrowd the skillet or pot.
6. Transfer to a paper lined plate and season with salt & pepper.